Karen Michelle Nutt #authorMondays #BlogMondays #MondayBlogs #Interview
I'm thrilled to have fellow Wild Rose Press author on my blog today,
Karen Michelle Nutt.
JC; For those not familiar with you, please tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from and what are your interests?
KMN: I reside in California and have lived here all my life. I've been married for thirty-two years and have three fascinating children, who are grown now and have started their own adventures in life. I have a houseful of pets, 4 dogs and 3 cats. I love to travel and if it's available, I'll take a ghost tour in each place I visit. I like to watch old movies at home as much as I enjoy going to the cinema and seeing the movies on the big screen.
JC: How did you start writing?
KMN: I started writing stories when I was about nine or ten because I thought it was fun. I wrote plays at first. My fifth-grade teacher let my friends and I perform one of them too. It was very exciting for a ten-year-old.
JC: Tell us about your latest book.
KMN: End of the Road is the second book in my Rock Star Romance books. Two Worlds Collided is the first book in the series. Each story is a standalone tale and they can be read in any order.
End of the Road is a ghost story, mystery and a romance.
Lars Gunner, the frontman for Silent Plaids, died 23 years ago and his death was ruled an unfortunate accident. Despite the fact he can't recall what happened to him in his last moments of life, he is convinced he was murdered. He has been trapped in limbo until his daughter, Cecilia, unearths his journal and is able to see him. She seeks help from Kaleb, a psychic, but as they resurrect the past, the secrets and lies surrounding Lars' rock and roll life just may be the death of them too.
JC: Tell us about your book cover. Who did it? How did you or they come up with the concept?
KMN: I design book covers with my daughter at Gillian's Book Covers, "Judge Your Book By Its Cover". I designed the book cover for End of the Road.
Since Lars was a rock star in life and he met his demise at the end of a pier, I wanted to somehow incorporate those two things in the cover. His daughter was also a big part of the story too and I chose a model that I imagined Cecilia to look like. I used three separate stock photos and Photoshop to manipulate the photos and create the look I sought for the cover.
JC: What would readers find surprising about you?
KMN: Even though I love ghost stories and I could tell you a few of my own, I'm the biggest skeptic there is. I first believe there are natural explanations for the ghost sightings and even if it seems there are no logical explanations, I believe sometimes there just aren't enough details to completely explain them away. However, I truly want to believe and one day I'm hoping there is enough evidence to disprove all debunkers.
JC: Do you listen to music when you write?
KMN: I sometimes listen to music for inspiration but I never listen to music while I'm writing. I must have silence so I can hear my characters' voices. lol However, for my rock star romances, the chapter titles are titles to songs. So here is the playlist for End of the Road. Play them loud and enjoy!
End of the Road Playlist
End of the Road - Shaun Jacobs - https://youtu.be/QYZtpp_Vv3s
1. (Don’t Fear) The Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult) - https://youtu.be/IM0im3V8HlU
2. Cemetery Gates (Pantera) - https://youtu.be/RVMvART9kb8
3. Come As You Are (Nirvana) - https://youtu.be/eGqBM_r932s
4. Fortune Teller by the (Throb 1966) - https://youtu.be/eodq28LrBGM
5. Just a Girl (No Doubt)- https://youtu.be/PHzOOQfhPFg
6. Truly Madly Deeply (Savage Garden) - https://youtu.be/WQnAxOQxQIU
7. I saw the sign (Ace of Base) - https://youtu.be/iqu132vTl5Y
8 Everything I do (Bryan Adams) - https://youtu.be/ZGoWtY_h4xo
9. Too Much (Spice Girls) - https://youtu.be/_4VoZ6afztc
10 Secret (Madonna) - https://youtu.be/EPHUZenprKc
11. Come with me (Ricky Martin) - https://youtu.be/Q6AOfdPhOHo
12. Lies (The Knickerbockers) - https://youtu.be/1n03a7cLf0M
13. Dude (Looks like a Lady) (Aerosmith) - https://youtu.be/nf0oXY4nDxE
14. Searching (INX) - https://youtu.be/J_bemQjZb0g
15. Getting to Know You (Julie Andrews) - https://youtu.be/BbbYY-pAmlY
16. Love Shack (The B52s) - https://youtu.be/9SOryJvTAGs
17. Only the Guilty Cry (Clyde King) - https://youtu.be/OwcgsQHQhCQ
18. I Don't Give Up (Seven) - https://youtu.be/2JnQxvuseuI
19 Kiss Me- (Sixpence None the Richer) - https://youtu.be/8N-qO3sPMjc
20. Truth (Jason Aldean) - https://youtu.be/4tZaIDo_ULk
21. Do You Believe In Magic (Lovin' Spoonful) - https://youtu.be/mDYNuD4CwlI
22. Let Me Tell You (Amalie Marie Johansen) - https://youtu.be/1VR-l1tip5I
23. Doctor! Doctor! (Thompson Twins) - https://youtu.be/APyl6Cnbfzw
24. Escape (Enrique Iglesias) - https://youtu.be/9mQJaXwGPlg
25. Could This Be Love (The Wanted) - https://youtu.be/pP3BJVh9UQw
26. Let It Go (James Bay) - https://youtu.be/cYqVtNBfDkg
27. The Day You Stop Lookin' Back (Thomas Rhett) - https://youtu.be/UMXNLhVMV0I
28. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home (U2) - https://youtu.be/he_BQgCGbcI
29. I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus (Twisted Sister) -
30. Fade to Black by Metalica - https://youtu.be/IfRY3SsozuM
31. When You're Gone (Avril Lavigne) - https://youtu.be/0G3_kG5FFfQ
32. I will always love you (Whitney Houston) - https://youtu.be/3JWTaaS7LdU
33. Be With You (The Bangles) - https://youtu.be/1VAe_gCBDmI
34. Where I Belong (HomeTown) - https://youtu.be/BrDistB6y_s
If you could sit down and chat with a favorite band, frontman or songwriter,
who would it be and why?
who would it be and why?
"A very heart-warming and emotional story, "End of the Road", will tug at readers' heartstrings. It is an unusual story; the plot is unique, with well-written and dynamic characters. The characters are diverse and their personalities work well together, making for a great story. Karen Michelle Nutt has written a book filled with emotion, and there are times when the story will bring several tears to the eye, a mix of sadness, happiness and loss. It is rare to find a book that can stir up so many feelings. “End of The Road” does just that. A perfect read for sitting in front of the fire on a snowy night with a cup of hot chocolate." ~InD'tale Magazine~ (4 1/2 stars/ Crown Heart Review)
"The relationship between Lars and his daughter is so bittersweet. He wanted to be with her and how much he missed her. The reader is also informed on the difference between ghosts and spirits. I would recommend this book to all my friends, it’s full of love, mystery, a touch of paranormal, and misunderstandings. ~Emily Carrington's Blog~ (Five Stars)
I laughed, I was curious as to see if I was right and the culprit was who I thought it would be (and it was, so maybe it’s not heavy on the whodunit, but WHO CARES, it’s so bloody enjoyable!!!), and my eyes misted a couple of time." ~Viviana MacKade~ (5 Stars)
"Wow. Just wow. I'm not even sure where to begin with this book. This is the second of this author's books that I've read and I have to say that I was just as blown away this time as the last. She has a way of weaving such a fabulous tale with well-developed characters, humor, and realistic relationship in the middle of fanciful plots." ~Up 'Til Dawn Book Blog~ (5 Stars)
Amazon US: http://tinyurl.com/yd8o976c
Amazon UK: http://tinyurl.com/yb4f9cj9
Barnes and Noble: http://tinyurl.com/y8y2qj7g
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband. Though her three children are grown and starting their own adventures, she still has a houseful of demanding pets. Jack, her Chorkie, is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer.
When she's not time traveling, fighting outlaws, or otherworldly creatures, she creates pre-made book covers to order at Gillian's Book Covers, "Judge Your Book By Its Cover".
Whether your reading fancy is paranormal, historical or time travel, all her stories capture the rich array of emotions that accompany the most fabulous human phenomena—falling in love.
Visit the author at her website: http://www.kmnbooks.com
Gillian’s Book Covers, “Judge Your Book By Its Cover”
Amazon Author Page: