One of the consistent criticisms I've received for Shift Happens, my debut novel, is its lack-luster blurb. I don't want to repeat the same mistake twice. Below is my draft blurb for the second book of the series, Beast Coast. It has to stay under 150 words. It's currently 144 words. Ultimately, the decision and blurb rests in the hands of my publisher, but I'd like to be happy with what I submit. What do you think? Suggestions? Would you buy the book (assuming UF/PNR is your thing)? Note: This is an adapting post, so please read through the changes, as some have been made since the original post. ********************************************************************** Original Blurb: In a city known for its diversity, unique cityscape, and picturesque views of snow-capped mountains and deep blue seas, Agent Andy McNeilly uses her unique ability to shift into multiple shapes to keep a leash on All-Things-Weird for the Supernatural Regulatory Division. But hidden...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! If this is an older post, your comment will be moderated before it appears on the blog.