By Beth Caudill When my friend Melissa Snark started the Zodiac Shifters series, I couldn’t wait to write an Aquarius story. I have a February birthday and as a teenager, I read my horoscope religiously. Sometimes for a good laugh and sometimes because I needed my life explained. Aquarius, an air sign despite being the Water Bearer, inspired me to write a shifter with wings. Not dragons. I know everyone likes them, and I did bring one to my town of Willows Haven, but I wanted to play with some avian friends. I’ve always wanted to fly, more so through space but still flying is my ultimate dream. I can’t do it in real life, so writing about it is the next best thing. There are lots of predatory birds to choose from: eagles, hawks, falcons, and owls. After flipping through some books and a few youtube videos, I settled on the fastest bird—the Peregrine Falcon. The peregrine falcon can reach amazing speeds on a dive but is hampered in its maneuverability. Check ou...
I love the title.
ReplyDeleteI vote for the moon shot, but I would change the color of the lettering. The light pink looks weak to me and I'm not sure that I like the change in font within the title.
That's my two cents.
It's going to be great.
Best
Jo-Ann
Thanks Jo-Ann. I kind of like the title font. I feel it contrasts with the boldness of the background, but to each their own, and Ill definitely pass on your comments. :-)
DeleteI honestly think they're both good covers JC (and I have no problem with the title font). I tried to pick one or the other, but while the moon shot is more dramatic, the woman seems to appeal to me more. A non-answer, but one that says either would work.
ReplyDeleteLOL! A non-answer it is. Thank you for the feedback :-)
DeleteWow, JC. They're both so good. Mathair and I were torn for a while, but we both agree that the girl cover is very powerful and leaves such a statement. It's very fluid and ethereal.
ReplyDelete